Thursday, March 22, 2018

Teach them to Cook...


 
 

Good Day!! How is your week treating you?

We are doing good here. Enjoying the warmth of the days
and trying to get outside when the wind isn't blowing.
Which...some days that is a challenge!

The weather is suppose to be in the high 70's 
and then low 80's with wind...oh goody!  I can hardly wait!
(enter sarcasm here)

So, on days that the wind blows you to Kansas,
I try to find things to catch up on in the house
or I like to bake.

I love it when I find my helpers wanting
 to bake or cook along side me.
I find great joy in it!

I'll let them create a special treat for the family to try
and sometimes we judge the meal or treat
 for some good ol' fashion fun!
(like being on Chopped)
We  I watch a lot of cooking shows and of course
 the kids baking shows.
I love that there are kids that love to create through baking.

We've got to get inspired somehow....

Awhile back, I showed the boys how to make crepes.
We did a lot of laughing as we were trying
 to master the flipping of the crepes.


Each one of them tried their hardest to 
flip it without it landing on the floor.


Some, well....never made it back to the pan...


And others were airborne!


After many flips and flops,
we managed to get several made.

I must admit to you, that my oldest son 
is now a pro at making crepes.
When he wants crepes, he makes them. 
I gladly gave up that job,
They are a lot of work!
(Wink inserted here)


And after it's all said and done,
we spent time together creating something yummy
and making special memories!!

I think it's very important to teach our children how to
cook and to clean. We are giving them such a gift
that they can and will use daily!




I couldn't have said it better myself!

I love the time spent with my boys.
I love to see the spark of creativity in them.

And oh boy, have I eaten some interesting food concoctions...
But, I wouldn't change any of it for anything!


Do your children like to cook in the kitchen with you?





I hope you all have a great week!

Thanks so much for stopping by...

HUGS,







7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love this, Amy. I baked with my grandchildren often when they were younger. We all enjoyed it. They have mostly all grown up, in college and work, so it isn't easy to get together. I love that your oldest bakes his own crepes.

Angela said...

What sweet pictures! I cooked with all my kids and the 2 that are grown are now excellent cooks for their own families. They also cook with their children. Now I cook with my oldest grandchild. Would you share your crepe recipe? Though a very seasoned cook that is something I have never tried!

SheLaughs said...

My 7yo daughter and 4yo son love to help me cook. As soon as they hear pots rattling in the kitchen, they come running with kitchen chairs pushed up to the stove. My daughter especially is getting very proficient at it. My son still just likes to stir and pour. We got them each children's knives for Easter this year, and I am composing some lovely recipe books for them for their futures. No need to neglect such a necessary skill! Let 'em bake cake!

living from glory to glory said...

It's a very good thing to teach all our children to cook and to be able to make something edible! LOL
They will learn to be creative in the kitchen, spices and taste and flavor teach all that! Great pics of the boys. And I love crepes with anything in them...
Have a great day!
Hugs, Roxy

Debby Ray said...

Oh Amy, those crepes look so good! I enlarged your pictures so I could get a better look and what a capture pic #3 was...you really timed that shot right! They also look very delicious! So THAT'S where our NC weather went to...your place! You are having WAY better weather than we are here! Have a great weekend, my friend.

Jennifer said...

It is so wonderful to cook with the kids! I love the new skill you're teaching your boys...crepes are quite the challenge. :) A wonderful skill it is to cook, and it's great to teach them while they have a keen interest in being with you in the kitchen!
My kids love to cook, and we also have some interesting meals.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

What a wonderful memory you made. Kids cooking is so important.
Your crepe flipping reminded me of a scene in my favorite Christmas movie, Christmas in Connecticut (the old black and white version) where the lady is trying to flip a flapjack. So funny.
Be blessed,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...